2009年10月21日 星期三

Sheets and NSTimer

Re: Sheets and NSTimer


  • Subject: Re: Sheets and NSTimer
  • From: Bjoern Kriews <email@hidden>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:52:39 +0100

On 22.02.2004, at 22:01, David Dauer wrote:

Hello

I've got a little problem using an NSTimer while running a sheet.
I tried to create the timer using

myTimer = [[NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:5.0 target:self
selector:@selector(myTimerAction:) userInfo:nil repeats:YES] retain];

I suppose you need:

NSTimer *timer = [[NSTimer timerWithTimeInterval: 1.0 target: self selector: @selector(countDown:) userInfo: nil repeats: YES] retain];
[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addTimer: timer forMode: NSDefaultRunLoopMode];
[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addTimer: timer forMode: NSModalPanelRunLoopMode];
...
[timer invalidate];
[timer release];

(I used this one with NSEventTrackingRunLoopMode to make my Timer fire while dragging a slider).

The docs say that only the timer... (not the scheduledTimer...) methods return a Timer that
you can add to run loop afterwards. I did this before and it worked - now your question
led to me fix a possible problem in my code.

沒有留言: